Tuesday, May 27, 2008

With apologies

By now, some of you may have noticed that I've got about 600 more MySpace friends than I had a month ago. This has much less to do, I suspect, with how lovable I am than with the fact that I'm on Supernatural and that the word got out that I had a MySpace page. This is all wonderful and flattering in the extreme. I'm surprised and delighted and fairly gobsmacked.




I'm also completely unable to respond to all of the hundreds of messages and comments I'm getting. I try to respond to as many as I can, but I'm having a really hard time making a dent in the ones that are coming in.




So keep two things in mind: I'm really delighted to hear from you all. And please don't take it personally if you don't hear back from me. I'm amazed that so many people want to be in contact, and if I could, I would sit and write notes of thanks or answers or just conversation with everyone who writes me. But I Googled the word "reality" the other day and it said that there's only 24 hours in a day most places, and since it would take more than that to stay on top of all the messages I get now that my friends list has exploded, I hope no one will take offense if they don't hear back from me in a timely fashion. I'll keep at it, but I actually have no superpowers (at least not that I can talk about in a public forum). And superpowers are what it would take to answer all my mail these days.




Thanks to everyone for the really, genuinely kind and supportive things you've written to me, either regarding my own life or simply your appreciation of the show and our work on it. It is immensely rewarding and most gratefully received.

No comments: