Monday, May 26, 2008

It is now raining.

This morning I will start with a safe subject: the weather.


Less than one week ago it was hot here in San Bernardino. It reached 103 degrees Saturday. Yesterday the high reached about 70 degrees, it dropped 30 degrees.


This morning we woke up to gray skies.


It is now raining. The rain is predicted to continue into and through the weekend.


We need the rain, especially at this house. The house was vacant a long time and the backyard is dead. It needs water to revive what Senor calls devil grass.


While we were B-B-Qing last night, I drew out a plan for the backyard which includes my vegetable garden. I also drew a rose garden, an herb garden (with rosemary and mint in containers), and a flower garden. The avocado tree is setting fruit and I believe we may have a lime tree or "suckers" emerging. I'll have to take the leaves and small fruit into a nursery to find out if, in fact, it is a lime tree. I do prefer lime over lemon for cooking.


His trusty assistant was there to help.



All the outlets work properly now. I took pictures of the outlets prior to their repair and afterwards.


I just completed the prep work for dinner.


No comments: